Friday, September 24, 2010

Common less wealth games 2010


Last few days have been very dramatic. I have done so many things nonsense, seen few good results in dalal street and on personal front these days; I am fighting lesser with my wife, my daughter is out everyday with few innovative dialogues every now and then like “ Papa has prepared hen this dinner, son shouting from 4th  floor every day shouting to streetwalkers with a monologue “Aie jee” etc.
            Besides al these things, I have been talkative on some other fronts which have not been my cup of tea. Take the example of Common wealth games which, in my opinion are left with only “Common game”; wealth has already been taken care of you know.
            So when the article about these games published in Times of India, I as an Indian citizen, could not stop me from preying my nose (I feel it as of now!) and ended up with the comment on this negatively, I am being bullied by few of NRI’s and  thank god there are few of the people who are defending me vigorously.
            It was about the level of corruption in the organizing committee of these games. Frankly I am hurt to know that money has been blown to organize these games and in return what we achieved was shame and an outlook defeated and unable to organize such the events. As in the case of Comonwealth games, items have been procured or are taken on rent at the cost those could have been purchased. Prices are at the funniest level and infrastructure has it’s own story to tell.
            I just wished, had those culprit been little sensitive to corrupt the games to some extend, we could have digested as we know our Indian way of life. Sadly corruption has become the non detachable part of India and we have to live up with it. But if you are trying out to fool around the system, it is simple irritating. And the frustration within backfired in the comment in that article.
            Anyway, I thought of myself how much I am being affected by the corruption in my day to day life I figured out like this:
1.         In the early morning, I see a newspaper which I never wished at my doorstep or someday it too found missing, when I asked the paperwala he tells me that the specific paper I am subscribe to did not reach in time.
2.         I wanted mother dairy milk but here it is some brand I never heard of. Next day before I say anything he is here with mother dairy again.
3.         Proceed to office where in way, I found the policeman milking some defaulter.
4.         Office is the best place you yourself can see how things are adjusted at their best.
5.         In lunch hour you see a new scam on TV by some Kalmadis,  Rajas, Sorens, Lalus, Mayawatis. Jayalalitas, Reddys, raths, huddas, every now and then.
6.         In evening the auto charges on the basic of chart which authenticity has always been suspicious.
7.         The panwala keeps those 50 paisa and forces you take one moth freshner you wish or not.
8.         The cable connection is missing, when contacted cablewala suggests me to buy his set top.
9.         As per ‘Transparency International’ we stand pathetic 85th on corruption free states.
            Now if I wrote on the article that we Indians are corrupt in general; what is wrong with it?